Continued and increasing demand for our services has created an exciting career opportunities for a Bid Manager to join our organisation.
- Lead and coordinate the preparation and organisation of bids, proposals and general business development submissions.
- Undertake client / competitor analysis and identify critical success factors and development of the bid strategy / winning themes / action plan with the company Director and the wider bid team.
- Implement the corporate bid process to ensure that commercial, legal and resource requirements are met.
- Work to develop quality and engaging bid / tender documents.
- Monitor tender activity and report to monthly Business Development Board.
- Non-technical authoring.
- Monitor sales pipeline and support sales teams with conversion of leads
- Pursue new business opportunities and work with the technical team to proactively develop and nurture existing client relationships.
- Contribute to business planning workshops.
- Develop a business development strategy to identify key clients / routes to market.
- Sourcing of quality marketing materials to support strategic business development activity.
- Trade event coordination / attendance Proactively market regional 'wins'.
- Working to prepare winning bids and taking ownership of the end to end bid process. To 'own' the business development support function and ensure that it is responsive to business requirements and opportunities.
- To develop and maintain an excellent understanding of business capabilities, key personnel and business development activity; becoming a key source of information.
- Being an integral member of the bid team and take input from a variety of stakeholders.
- Work with core teams to deliver win themes and bid strategy.
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process.
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation e.g. preparation of a management summary.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids.
- Understanding and resolution of complex technical, strategic and business issues.
- Proven Bid Management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven capability to deliver winning, product and/or complex services opportunities.
- Ability to work on your own with minimal supervision
- Experience in the IT solutions and services arena.
- Bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery.
- Experience in driving win strategies, commercial discussions and solution delivery.
- Proven ability to manage complex, multi-work stream opportunities.
- Solid understanding and management of internal governance procedures.
- Qualified or studying towards degree level in an appropriate subject
- Experience of some or all of the following IT packages: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe InDesign
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to adopt a flexible approach and work in high pressured environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player with a 'can do' attitude and the ability to influence people at all levels of the business
- Based within a commutable distance to Southampton and/or Bournemouth - the role offers work from home services as long as employee delivers to agreed deadlines and specifications.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating salary expectations.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.